In addition to our courses and tests, you can improve your skills with the help of our Training Guides and Linguistic Resources (glossaries).
The Training Guides include the following:
• The role of a legal or healthcare interpreter
• An overview of the Code of Ethics
• In-depth look at the legal or healthcare systems and concepts
• Interpreter’s responsibilities before, during, and after an assignment
• Important cultural issues professional interpreters should be familiar with
• Modes of interpreting (CI, SI and ST) and skill-building exercises
• Ways to cope with physical exhaustion
• Various resources for independent study
• Linguistic Resources -- an extensive glossary of terms, frequently used phrases and questions, list of abbreviations (Medical only), and proverbs.
The Training Guides and Linguistic Resources can be purchased separately and are available in a printed form as a book or as a PDF file on a CD.
Shipping takes 2-7 business days and is included in the price. Discounts are available for volume purchases.
Become a member of IEO Plus today and enjoy 10% off Bookstore items, plus many more benefits!
Please contact us if you are ordering outside of the continental U.S., have a question, or If you’d like to see a sample of a Training Guide or Linguistic Resource. When requesting a sample, please indicate the language.