In addition to our courses and tests, you can improve your skills with the help of our Training Guides and Linguistic Resources (glossaries).
The Training Guides are created for the benefit of aspiring interpreters and they cover extensive ground vital for any practicing interpreter:
• The role of a legal or healthcare interpreter
• An overview of the Code of Ethics
• In-depth look at the legal or healthcare systems and concepts
• Interpreter’s responsibilities before, during and after the assignment
• Important cultural issues professional interpreters should be aware of and familiar with
• Modes of interpreting (CI, SI and ST) and skill-building exercises
• Ways to cope with physical exhaustion
• Various resources for independent study, and much more
The second part of the Guide is composed of an extensive glossary of terms, frequently used phrases and questions, list of abbreviations (Medical only) and proverbs. It is currently available in the following languages: Arabic (legal only), Bosnian, Croatian, French, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, and Spanish.
Legal or Medical Linguistic Resources may be purchased separately.
The Training Guides and Linguistic Resources are available in a printed form as a book or as a PDF file on a CD.
Shipping and handling (2-7 business days) is $9.95 for 1-3 books, $19.90 for 4-6 books, $29.85 for 7-9 books, and $39.80 for 10-12 books.
Discounts are available for volume purchases. Please contact us with any questions at: (313) 481-4985. If you’d like to see a sample of a training guide or linguistic resource, please email us at services@InterpreterEducationOnline.com.